Tuesday 1 April 2014

CampNaNo | Day 1 + Music Discoveries

Hello My Lovelies!
It's only Day 1 and I'm off to a great start. I've already hit 1500 words, well over my daily goal of 334 words. I'm seriously starting to rethink my word goal. I set a modest 10,000 words so as not to put myself off before I started, but I'm thinking of upping it to 25,000 words.
The story itself is coming along nicely. I like to get key scenes out of the way first and the link them up later. I started with an out line and a plot full of holes, but as I'm writing the holes are filing themselves. Yay that's one less stress!
I'm also branching out in my choices of writing music. I was originally listening to Charlotte Martin whilst doing my planning, but I realised I was going to need something a bit more epic to get my in the gothic mood I need to write most of this novel. I started with Nightwish and Within Temptation (long time faves of mine). But a few hours travelling through Youtube and I found some real gems. Tristania, After Forever, Serenity, Draconian, Dragonland and Sirenia. Lots of power and symphonic metal. I used to be really into metal but have slipped away from it in recent years. I'm glad to have it back. I forgot how emotionally driven the genre was, perfect for writing.
Wish me luck for tomorrow, hopefully I can keep my word count up.
Love and Bugs
xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...